About the Company:
COP Construction LLC ("COP"), established in 1947, is a general contractor working predominantly in Montana, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. COP specializes in the following types of work: bridges, dams, concrete structures, water, sanitary sewer and storm drain utilities, water and sanitary sewer treatment plants, containment ponds, subdivisions, general site work, and recreational facilities. COP works successfully with clients in both the public and private sectors. We are driven by our commitment to safety, excellence and integrity. We employ approximately 200 full-time personnel with a diverse range of expertise. Many of our people have been with the company for decades. With access to this vast resource of experience and knowledge, we have the ability to create the perfect team for every project. Offices are located in Billings, MT, Salt Lake City, UT, and Sheridan, WY, with field offices at project sites.
About the Position:
The COP heavy equipment operator has the responsibility to safely and effectively operate all heavy equipment required to fulfill scheduled and unscheduled job scopes. Typical types of equipment used are front-end loaders, excavators, graders, blades and telehandlers. The COP heavy equipment operator will be responsible to be a team participant to help the field crew produce measureable, positive field performance including safety, productivity, team morale, quality, and customer satisfaction. He/she will be required to collaborate positively and with all field foreman, craftsmen, clients, superintendent, subcontractors and COP support staff personnel in order to net positive business outcomes. The heavy equipment operator is expected to be an active, fully engaged, vocal and self-committed supporter of COP’s safety practices at all times.
· Arrive to work on time, ready to work each scheduled work day.
· Be an active participant and engaged employee with all safe work practices and policies.
· Have proven knowledge of industry dig standards and heavy equipment operations safe work practices.
· Help support equipment load and unload activities as instructed.
· Receive work direction from field supervision.
· Work directly with the crew to ensure work is safely and successfully completed.
· Maintain a high degree of professional etiquette at all times:
o Self-respect and respect of others
o Clean, kept appearance
o Maintain a positive attitude when faced with work adversity and other challenges.
· Abide by all existing COP and client policies, standards, and procedures at all times.
· Demonstrate critical thinking:
o Clear problem identification
o Clear communication to all parties involved
o Ability to multi task without reduction of judgment
o Provide effective decisions in a timely manner
o Heavy equipment and associated equipment
· Look for field business improvements:
o Work practices
o Client work practice
· Successfully pass mandatory prescreen equipment operations field practical test demonstration.
· Have a minimum of 5 years validated relevant past work experience in heavy, highway, municipal-utilities and industrial environments.
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of COP's Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the analysis of work and the position description must focus on essential functions and what are actually required and not the ways they are currently or customarily performed. “The term essential function means the fundamental job duties of the employment position the individual with a disability holds or desires.” (Reference 29 CFR §1630.2(n)(1).) The physical demands for this position is as follows: stretching, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching, handling, smelling, talking, hearing; seeing; or other demands.
COP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. COP complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
COP participates in E-Verify, click here to learn more